Monday, January 20, 2014

Meaning of ...Josephine

Josephine was the only girl name that I've really liked.
My husband and I were blessed in November last year with a sweet girl. Well what can I say I got my Josephine . But I confess that I have not sought for the meaning , as I already thought that the name is a feminine form of the name Joseph. I love the story of Joseph in the Old Testament . This story shows that a hopeless situation in life, can mean a great turning point in life .

Now I have looked for the original meaning. Josephine is the feminine form of Joseph, and it derived from the Hebrew Yosef. It means: May Jehovah add / give increase.

How beautiful is that? I love the name even more!
Famous namesake is of course Josephine Baker!

Josephine Baker

May Jehova add (increase) anything you wish this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment