Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy reunification Germany!



Today the Federal Republic of Germany celebrates its 22-year reunion. The reunification of West and East Germany was already on 30. November 1989, this was the date the wall fell. But the 30th Novermber was a black day in the German history. On this day in 1938, more than 400 Jews were killed by the Nazi regime. Therefore, the Federal Republic of Germany relocate their reunion on the Oct 03.

I now live for 19 years in Germany and I think that Germany has changed much for the better. When I came to Germany with a very young age, I felt very strange but I quickly found friends, but parents especially the older generation was very reserved. There were also quite often racist sayings, which has now become very rare. All in All  one can say that the Germans are much more open to strangers. I feel very well in Germany now, I have many friends and I feel partially as German. So therefore Happy reunification!

No comments:

Post a Comment